Study the images below and describe:
- Trends in natural disasters (economic, social and frequency).
- How might these trends influence population growth rates?
Geophysical hazard adaption
1. Government planning: Land use zoning
- What is Land Use planning?
- How does it attempt to reduce the risk or hazards.
- How do building regulations increase peoples resilience.
- Explain using examples how we can use land use zoning to reduce flood risk.
- Explain using examples how we can use land use zoning to reduce volcanic risk.
|File Size:||829 kb|
2. Personal resilience: Insurance
- How does insurance increase resilience?
- Giving examples explain how earthquake insurance works.
- What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Earthquake insurance?
- Giving examples explain how flood insurance works?